I walked into the dollar tree without a mask with friends. I was the only one without a mask due to a medical condition.

When asked by the man in front, I told him I couldn't wear them due to a medical condition. He told my friends could shop for me but I had to wait outside because he couldn't have me in his store. When I asked, "Even if I have a medical condition", he added, "This isn't my first rodeo." According to the law, no business can discriminate against someone due to a disability.

You are here: California / Civil Code - CIV / PART 2. PERSONAL RIGHTS [43.

- 53.] / Section 51.

Section 51. (Amended by Stats. 2005, Ch. 420, Sec.

3.)

Cite as: Cal. Civil Code §51.

(a)This section shall be known, and may be cited, as the Unruh Civil Rights Act.

(b)All persons within the jurisdiction of this state are free and equal, and no matter what their sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, marital status, or sexual orientation are entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities, privileges, or services in all business establishments of every kind whatsoever.

(1)Disability means any mental or physical disability as defined in Sections 12926 and 12926.1 of the Government Code.

(2)Medical condition has the same meaning as defined in subdivision (h) of Section 12926 of the Government Code.

(f)A violation of the right of any individual under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (Public Law 101-336) shall also constitute a violation of this section.

Location: Murrieta, California

Comments

I dont need a page filled with civil code to tell you that its a private business and they have the right to refuse service...

Dollar Tree Stores Reviews