My husband and I seniors on fixed income.We shopped at Dollar Tree Stores, many times, in the past - no problems.

That is, until May 24, 2017 at Dollar Tree Store # 2490. I purchased some items by credit card. While checking out, my husband came in and wanted 3 more items. I waited near the cashier's area for him to buy the 3 items, which came to $ 3.17.

He handed her a $20 bill and said OUT OF A $20 BILL PLEASE. She made a mistake and rang up $5, and tried to hand him $ 1.83. He immediately corrected her saying she owed him $ 16.83. Said said she was tired, had a long day and was not paying proper attention.

She called over the Assistant Manager, who took awa the drawer, came back a few minutes later, saying the DRAWER DID NOT WEIGH OVER - whatever that means. She would not give us the correct change. I argued with her. She called over the Manger, antother Rude woman, who again stated that she would not give us the money.

I told her that we are not leaving until this matter is corrected. She asked us to leave the store. I said, CALL THE POLICE. She did.

The police came over. I explained what I saw and knew - that it was indeed a $20 bill he gave her. This miserable assistant manager told the police to escort us out of the store. The police said they could not make them give us the money.

All they could get us was $ 1.83 and a receipt. This manger would not give us the name and phone number of the corporate office. The police found it, on their own computer, and give it to us. The Police suggested that we just forget about it and not shop there.

I said I was not going to lose $15. Up to this day, I have called and left messages for the Regional Manger at the Corporate Office in Virginia. I did finally speak to a Mr. Mark Dillman.

I got the distinct impression that he did not believe us. He said he was going to order a video tape of the transation. I said I would like to see such a tape -asssuming it had not been altered. He was neither appologetic nor grateful for the many years of business we gave his stores.

It seems very odd to me that a multi-million dollar corporation - Dollar Tree - would not give the benefit of the doubt to a good customer and would cause us further stress and aggrivation. A word to the wise, if you do shop at Dollar Tree Stores, check your wallet and count your change. Better still - shop at Wal-Mart.

At lease Wal-Mart has excellent customer service.Signed, A Feisty Senior Citizen.

Review about: Dollar Tree Stores Cashier.

Had an Experience with Dollar Tree Stores?

Comments